How To: DIY Earring Video Tutorial
Woo-hoo! You made a wise choice with your purchase - thanks a ton! We are absolutely thrilled to be working with Sarah G, and to have the opportunity to show you how to make these super fun and funky Indigenous-inspired tassel earrings that will spice up any outfit.
We want to give you a little reminder that by creating these earrings, you're also supporting Sarah and her family with some much-deserved income. How awesome is that? So let's get crafting, and show off those sweet new earrings with pride! you so much for your purchase!
- All the materials are included in your DIY kit, except for any tools (round/flat nose pliers + cutting pliers + scissors), which you can purchase at any dollar store.
- If you're new to beading, don't worry - take your time and enjoy the process! It's a great way to practice mindfulness, and starting with 2-3 tassels before moving on to bigger projects can help you get the hang of it.
- Before you start, make sure you have enough space, good lighting, and a quiet environment to concentrate. You can even play some soothing music to create a relaxing atmosphere!
- Keep your beads and supplies organized by using a felt or microfibre towel to prevent them from moving around. This way, you can focus on your project without any distractions.
- The instruction card that comes with your kit complements the online video tutorial. To complete steps 6-9, refer to the "Tassel Chart" on the instruction card and remember that each tassel requires a different amount of beads.
- The "Middle Bead Colour" is the beading pattern for the middle section of all tassels. For example: 3 x Bead C/ 2 x Bead D/ 1 x Bead G means you will need 3 pieces of Bead C, then 2 pieces of Bead D, followed by 1 piece of Bead G. you're unsure about the pattern, simply check the front of the box - your finished earrings should look just like the picture!
- For any cutting, take it slow and work in small increments. You can even refer back to the timestamps on the video if you need to double-check anything.
- Don't get discouraged if you make a mistake or lose a bead - we're here to help! Reach out to us if you have any questions or need more supplies, and we'll be happy to assist you every step of the way.
- Finally, if you purchased the DIY kit with the bone, turquoise, chocolate, lemon, marigold, mauve and gold color scheme, please note that there is an error on the "Tassel Chart". We apologize for any inconvenience and want to clarify that the "Middle Bead Colour" should read:
|3 x Bead B/ 2 x Bead C/ 2 x Bead D/ 1 x Bead E/ 3 x Bead F/ 1 x Bead E/ 2 x Bead D/ 2 x Bead C/ 3 x Bead
We can't wait to see the amazing earrings you create! Sharing your beautiful handmade jewelry with us on social media not only shows off your skills but also helps promote Sarah's work. Be sure to tag us on Facebook @iamloveproject or Instagram @iam_love_project so we can admire your creations and share them with our community!